[Msa-members] Pericles Lewis at the Modernism Seminar, Harvard Humanities Center, 14 April 2008

John Paul Riquelme jpriquel at bu.edu
Mon Apr 7 01:07:13 EDT 2008

Dear Colleagues,

        The final spring term session of the Modernism Seminar at the Harvard Humanities Center
is coming up next week.  Please join us if you're in the area to hear our colleague:

Pericles Lewis (Yale University)
*"*The Burial of the Dead in Modernist Fiction*"*

Monday, April 14, 6:00 pm, 133 Barker Center, Harvard University.

Professor of English and Comparative Literature at Yale, Lewis is the
author of /Modernism, Nationalism, and the Novel/
<https://webspace.yale.edu/pericleslewis/modernism.html> (2003) and /The
Cambridge Introduction to Modernism
<http://www.yale.edu/english/intro-bookshelf.html#lewis> //(2007), as
well as numerous articles and reviews.  He is working on a book to be
called// //God's Afterlife: Religious Experience in the Modernist Novel/
<https://webspace.yale.edu/pericleslewis/afterlife.html>. For details go
to /https://webspace.yale.edu/pericleslewis///./

The next session of the seminar will be in the fall.

We hope you'll be able to attend the talk, which includes discussion after the presentation.  There
is free parking at the Broadway Garage, on Felton between Broadway and Cambridge Street.  Just tell
the attendant that you're participating in an event at the HHC.

Information about the Center, including a calendar of events, is available at
http://www.fas.harvard.edu/~humcentr/ <http://www.fas.harvard.edu/%7Ehumcentr/>.

Best wishes,

Peter Nohrnberg, Harvard University, nohrnber at fas.harvard.edu <mailto:nohrnber at fas.harvard.edu>

John Paul Riquelme, Boston University, jpriquel at bu.edu <mailto:jpriquel at bu.edu>, http://people.bu.edu/jpriquel/