[Msa-members] Martin Puchner at the Modernism Seminar, Harvard Humanities Center, 30 October: "Socrates on the Modern Stage"

John Paul Riquelme jpriquel at bu.edu
Mon Oct 22 20:10:07 EDT 2007

Dear Colleagues,

   The next meeting of the Modernism Seminar at the Harvard Humanities Center is coming up next week.  Please join us if you're in the area to hear our colleague:

Martin Puchner (Harvard University)
*"Socrates on the Modern Stage"** *

Tuesday, October 30, 6:00 pm, 133 Barker Center, Harvard University.

Professor Puchner, who is currently Visiting Professor at Harvard, holds
the Garbedian Chair of English and Comparative Literature at Columbia
University.  He edits /Theatre Survey /(the Journal of the American
Society for Theatre Research) and is the author of */ /*/Poetry of the
Revolution: Marx, Manifestos and the Avant-Gardes/ (Princeton, 2006)and
*/ /*/Stage Fright: Modernism, Anti-Theatricality, and Drama/ (Johns
Hopkins, 2002)*.*

Later this fall Rebecca L. Walkowitz, Rutgers U. will speak on "J.M. Coetzee and the Transnational Novel" (Wed., 28 November)

In Spring we look forward to hearing from: Mark Wollaeger (Vanderbilt U.), John T. Matthews (Boston U.), and Pericles Lewis (Yale U).

We hope you'll be able to make the event, which includes discussion after the talk.  There is free parking at the Broadway Garage, on Felton between Broadway and Cambridge Street.  Just tell the attendant that you're participating in an event at the HHC.

Details about the Center, including a calendar of events, are available at http://www.fas.harvard.edu/~humcentr/ <http://www.fas.harvard.edu/%7Ehumcentr/>.

Best wishes,

Peter Nohrnberg, Harvard University, nohrnber at fas.harvard.edu <mailto:nohrnber at fas.harvard.edu>

John Paul Riquelme, Boston University, jpriquel at bu.edu <mailto:jpriquel at bu.edu>, http://people.bu.edu/jpriquel/