[Msa-members] Bonnie Costello at the Modernism Seminar, Harvard Humanities Center, 10 October: "Lyric and the First-Person Plural"

John Paul Riquelme jpriquel at bu.edu
Tue Oct 2 13:10:10 EDT 2007

Dear Colleagues,

   The first fall session of the Modernism Seminar at the Harvard Humanities Center is coming up next week.  Please join us if you're in the area to hear our colleague:

Bonnie Costello (Boston University)
*"Lyric and the First-Person Plural"** *

Wednesday, October 10, 6:30 pm, 133 Barker Center, Harvard University.

Distinguished critic of modern poetry, Professor Costello teaches English at Boston University.  She is the author of many articles and books, including /Planets on Tables: Poetry, Still Life and the Turning World/ (2008), /Shifting Ground: Reinventing Landscape in Modern American Poetry /(2003), /Elizabeth Bishop: Questions of Mastery /(1991), and /Marianne Moore: Imaginary Possessions /(1981).  In addition, /The Selected Letters of Marianne Moore /(1997) appeared under her General Editorship.

Later in the fall, we welcome these colleagues as speakers:

Martin Puchner, Visiting Prof. at Harvard (Tues., 30 October) on "Socrates on the Modern Stage" and

Rebecca L. Walkowitz, Rutgers U. (Wed., 28 November) on "J.M. Coetzee and the Transnational Novel"

In the Spring:  Mark Wollaeger (Vanderbilt U.), John T. Matthews (Boston U.), and Pericles Lewis (Yale U).

We hope you'll be able to make the event, which includes discussion after the talk.  There is free parking at the Broadway Garage, on Felton between Broadway and Cambridge Street.  Just tell the attendant that you're participating in an event at the HHC.

Details about the Center, including a calendar of events, are available at http://www.fas.harvard.edu/~humcentr/ <http://www.fas.harvard.edu/%7Ehumcentr/>.

Best wishes,

Peter Nohrnberg, Harvard University, nohrnber at fas.harvard.edu <mailto:nohrnber at fas.harvard.edu>

John Paul Riquelme, Boston University, jpriquel at bu.edu <mailto:jpriquel at bu.edu>, http://people.bu.edu/jpriquel/