[Msa-members] James Buzard on Disorienting Fiction, Modernism Seminar, 5 December

John Paul Riquelme jpriquel at bu.edu
Tue Nov 28 18:10:20 EST 2006

Dear Colleagues,
   The next session of the Modernism Seminar at the Harvard Humanities Center is
coming up next week.  Please join us if you're in the area to hear our colleague:

James Buzard (MIT) on
"Disorienting Fiction, Part II:
The Autoethnographic Work of British Novels, Eliot
to Joyce (and beyond)"

Tuesday, 5 December, 6:00 p.m., 114 Barker Center, Harvard University.

Professor Buzard is Head of the Literature Faculty at MIT.  His publications include
The Beaten Track: European Tourism, Literature, and the Ways to "Culture," 1800-1918
(Oxford, 1993) and Disorienting Fiction: The Autoethnographic Work of Nineteenth-Century
British Novels (Princeton, 2005).

We hope you'll be able to make the event, which includes discussion after the
talk.  There is free parking at the Broadway Garage, on Felton between Broadway
and Cambridge Street.  Just tell the attendant that you're participating in an event
at the HHC.

Future speakers include David Rosen (Trinity College, Hartford) on 12 February,
Sean Latham (U. of Tulsa) on 19 March, Philip Weinstein (Swarthmore) in mid-April,
and Carrie Preston (Boston U.) in early May.

Details about the Center, including a calendar of events, are available at
http://www.fas.harvard.edu/~humcentr/ <http://www.fas.harvard.edu/%7Ehumcentr/>.

Best wishes,
Peter Nohrnberg, Harvard University, nohrnber at fas.harvard.edu <mailto:nohrnber at fas.harvard.edu>
John Paul Riquelme, Boston University, jpriquel at bu.edu <mailto:jpriquel at bu.edu>,