[Msa-discuss] New Book Announcement: Modernism and Still Life

Dr Claudia Tobin ct526 at cam.ac.uk
Fri Jun 19 07:12:26 EDT 2020

Dear Colleagues,

I hope you are keeping well at this strange time.

My book Modernism and Still Life: Artists, Writers, Dancers came out at
the beginning of lockdown in the UK. Hardback copies are available to
purchase with a special discount via the website below using the code in
the flyer attached:
https://edinburghuniversitypress.com/book-modernism-and-still-life.html

The book explores still life in early twentieth century art, literature
and culture but I hope it might also speak to the strange 'still life'
we've been experiencing over the last few months in lockdown. If you'd
like to get a taste of the book, you might like to listen to the
following BBC Radio 3 Free Thinking programme where I discuss Virginia
Woolf, still life and dance:  https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m000k33s

Best wishes,

Claudia

--
Dr Claudia Tobin
Senior Research Associate, Intellectual Forum,

_Modernism and Still Life: Artists, Writers, Dancers_ (EUP, 2020)
https://edinburghuniversitypress.com/book-modernism-and-still-life-hb.html

_Ways of Drawing: Artists' Perspectives and Practices (Thames & Hudson,
2019)_
https://thamesandhudson.com/ways-of-drawing-9780500021903