[Msa-discuss] Guest lecture trade?

Roos, Bonnie broos at wtamu.edu
Wed Jul 22 20:17:41 EDT 2020

Hi MSA folks,

A pedagogy question:

I’m teaching a modernism “light” course to general education students this coming semester, and much of our work will be done online. I wonder if anyone would be interested in guest lecturing online? I’d be willing to trade, in exchange for my students and me getting to hear someone else think out loud ...

I’d also love to hear about some of your favorite assignments and practical approaches  to your (at least partly) online modernism courses this coming semester. Is anyone interested in sharing?

My Texts/Topics

Joseph Conrad, HoD
Gertrude Stein, Three Lives
James Joyce, Dubliners
Marinetti, Mina Loy
TS Eliot, Waste Land
Rebecca West, Return of the Soldier
Bella Larsen, Passing
Tulsa, OK race riots
Virginia Woolf, Mrs. Dalloway

I would welcome your thoughts if there is general interest, but please PM me if you’d like to volunteer or to trade lectures?

Stay safe out there,
Bonnie

Bonnie Roos
Professor of English