[Msa-discuss] Feminist Modernist Studies 3.1 TOC and News

Laity, Cassandra claity at utk.edu
Thu Jan 16 14:43:35 EST 2020

Dear List,
In case you missed it, FMS just won the "Best New Journal" award from the Council of Editors of Learned Journals (CELJ). Also, we are in our third volume. Now is the time to request your libraries to subscribe.

 Our March issue  features a long excerpt from an unpublished lesbian novel by Mary Butts (Unborn Gods). Other works include essays on weak Nancy Mitford; interspecies Radclyffe Hall; Canadian and British (editorial) Jacob's Room; and out-of-print Susan Miles.
 _____________
FMS 3.1
Eliza Murphy, "Fascism, comedy, and weak commitments in Nancy Mitford's Wigs on the Green"

Jane Goldman, "Following Bradshaw and Bishop into Jacob's Room: British and Canadian editing strategies (tunneling the textual hot spots, minding the gaps)"

Sarah D'Stair, "'That rare gift: perfect hands on a horse': Radclyffe Hall's eros of cross-species communion"

Anna Preus, "'All out of print': modernism, minor forms and Susan Miles's anachronistic late style"

Out of the Archives
Mary Butts's Unborn Gods with an introduction by Jane Garrity, "'Queer devils' and 'beastly indulgences'"

Prof. Cassandra Laity
Editor, Feminist Modernist Studies (FMS; Routledge; 2017--)
<http://explore.tandfonline.com/cfp/ah/feminist-modernist-studies-launch-cfp>

Former Co-Editor, Modernism/Modernity (JHUP; 2000-2010)

Currently, Visiting Scholar
English Department
University of Tennessee-Knoxville
e-mail claity at utk.edu
most recent essay, "Eco-Geologies of Queer Desire: Elizabeth Bishop's Love Poetry and Charles Darwin's Beagle Geology Travel Narratives," Contemporary Women's Writing (OUP; November 2016)