[Msa-discuss] Advice/query re eugenics

Saunders, Max max.saunders at kcl.ac.uk
Thu Nov 7 15:14:20 EST 2019

Dear Maren,
There's quite a bit in the book series 'To-Day and To-Morrow', which I write about in Imagined Futures (link below). I'd particularly recommend H. S. Jennings' volume, Prometheus; or, Biology and the Advancement of Man, (1925) which makes a powerful case against Eugenics.

All best,
Max

Max Saunders
Professor of English, Co-Director, Centre for Life-Writing Research
King’s College London
Room 6.40
Virginia Woolf Building
22 Kingsway
London WC2B 6LE

See https://theconversation.com/futurology-how-a-group-of-visionaries-looked-beyond-the-possible-a-century-ago-and-predicted-todays-world-118134

for a piece about the subject of my latest book:

Imagined Futures: Writing, Science, and Modernity in the To-Day and To-Morrow Book Series, 1923-31

https://global.oup.com/academic/product/imagined-futures-9780198829454?q=saunders&lang=en&cc=gb#

Ego-Media: The impact of new media on forms and practices of self-presentation

http://www.ego-media.org/

Self Impression: Life-Writing, Autobiografiction, and the Forms of Modern Literature

available as a paperback from Oxford University Press:

http://ukcatalogue.oup.com/product/9780199579761.do