[Msa-discuss] Advice/query re eugenics

Linett, Maren T mlinett at purdue.edu
Thu Nov 7 13:47:46 EST 2019

Dear modernist colleagues,

Do you have any advice or suggestions about what to include in a grad class on Modernism and Eugenics? I have a handful of texts I’m planning to include but am looking for more. I do have Childs’s book Modernism and Eugenics and plan to use some of what he talks about there. But I’m coming at the topic more from a disability studies angle, as he is not, and just also need more authors.

And if anyone is a Naomi Mitchison scholar, could you advise whether any of her novels is about or uses eugenics? I see she was a member of the Eugenics Society but I don’t know her work and there is a LOT of it.

Thanks a ton!
Maren

--
Maren Linett