[Msa-discuss] Feminist Modernist Studies: TOC for next issue (March 2019)

Laity, Cassandra claity at utk.edu
Wed Jan 16 11:52:38 EST 2019

Dear MSA List,

I am posting the table of contents for our March 2019 issue below. This issue stresses women writers; and our "Out of the Archives" features a translation of a chapter from  Man into Woman, a life narrative by Lili Elbe, who underwent one of the first surgical changes in sex in 1930.

Please remember that MSA and Australasian members get a reduced rate. Go here and look under Pricing Information to find out how:

https://www.tandfonline.com/pricing/journal/rfmd20

Best, Cassandra Laity

Feminist Modernist Studies
Table of Contents
Vol. 2, 1 (March 2019)
Essays
“A Class Act: Constance Lytton and the Political, Literary and Dramatic Dynamics of Suffrage Prison Writings,” Sos Eltis

“Hot Venus, Cool Modern: Voice, Body, and the Hungry Gaze as Sites of Black Feminist Re-inscription in Ann Petry’s The Narrows,” Caroline Brown

“Designing Women: Modernist Mass Culture and the Formation of the Female Body,” Kara Watts

“‘You can never tell what people will fancy, can you?’ Queer Narrative in Dorothy Sayers’s Detective Fiction,” Virginia Lauryl Tucker

“Indifference as Resistance: Virginia Woolf’s Feminist Ethics in Three Guineas,” Rachel Hollander

“Nightwood as a Way of Life,” Michael Schmidt

Out of the Archives
Hélène Allatini, “Il et Elle” (“He and She”), from Mosaiques (1939), translated from the French by Anne M. Callahan and with an introduction by Pamela L. Caughie

Prof. Cassandra Laity
Editor, Feminist Modernist Studies (FMS; Routledge; 2017--)
<http://explore.tandfonline.com/cfp/ah/feminist-modernist-studies-launch-cfp>

Former Co-Editor, Modernism/Modernity (JHUP; 2000-2010)

Currently, Visiting Scholar
English Department
University of Tennessee-Knoxville
e-mail claity at utk.edu
most recent essay, "Eco-Geologies of Queer Desire: Elizabeth Bishop's Love Poetry and Charles Darwin's Beagle Geology Travel Narratives," Contemporary Women's Writing (OUP; November 2016)