[Msa-discuss] Registration Announcement 'Literature, Law and Psychoanalysis'

Katherine Ebury k.ebury at sheffield.ac.uk
Thu Feb 21 04:54:20 EST 2019

*Literature, Law and Psychoanalysis, 1890-1950, University of Sheffield,
11-13th April 2019 *

The twentieth century was a period of worldwide literary experiment, of
scientific developments and worldwide conflict. These changes demanded a
rethinking not merely of psychological subjectivity, but also of what it
meant to be subject to the law and punishment. This conference aims to
explore relationships between literature, law and psychoanalysis during the
period 1890-1950, allowing productive mixing of canonical and popular
literature and also encouraging interdisciplinary conversations between
different fields of study.

Registration is open, and further information about how to register for the
conference, along with the full programme of speakers, can be found here:
https://litlawpsy2019.wordpress.com/

--
Katherine Ebury
Senior Lecturer in Modern Literature

Office: JW 1.24
New book: https://www.palgrave.com/gb/book/9783319722412
Forthcoming conference:  litlawpsy2019.wordpress.com
<https://t.co/7FVfNdxHis>

*I don't expect you to respond to my email outside your working hours. *

At the University of Sheffield we value and encourage flexible working
patterns, so please be assured that I respect your working pattern and I am
looking forward to your response when you are next in work.