[Msa-discuss] Special Issue of Modern Fiction Studies: Cripping Modernism

Jesse Miller jessemil at buffalo.edu
Tue Apr 9 17:47:42 EDT 2019

Dear Colleagues,

*MFS: Modern Fiction Studies* has a new special issue out on modernism and
disability that I thought might be of interest to list members. It's called
"Cripping Modernism" and was edited by Maren Linett.

The table of contents is pasted below. Here's a link to the issue:
http://muse.jhu.edu/issue/40113

Best,
Jesse
---
*MFS: Modern Fiction Studies*
*Volume 65 Number 1 Spring 2019*
*Special Issue: Cripping Modernism edited by Maren Linett*

Cripping Modernism: An Introduction
<http://muse.jhu.edu/article/720551> - Maren
Linett
Cripping the Pastoral: Rural Modernisms and Sylvia Townsend Warner's *The
True Heart* <http://muse.jhu.edu/article/720552> - Courtney Andree
Antinomian Remedies: Rehabilitative Futurism, *Towards a Better Life*, and
Kenneth Burke's Modernist Equipment for Living
<http://muse.jhu.edu/article/720553> - Jesse Miller
Crip/Queer Aesthetics in the Great War <http://muse.jhu.edu/article/720554>
- Matt Franks
"The Seriously Injured of Our Civic Life": Imagining Disabled Collectivity
in Depression-Era Crip Modernisms <http://muse.jhu.edu/article/720555> - Jess
Waggoner
Punctuations of the Virtual: Spectating Sex and Disability in Joyce's
"Nausicaa" <http://muse.jhu.edu/article/720556> - Jeremy Colangelo
Gestures of Belonging: Disability and Postcoloniality in Bessie Head's *A
Question of Power* <http://muse.jhu.edu/article/720557> - Liam Kruger
Straight, Pure, and Natural: Spiritualization and Penile Prostheses in
Hemingway's *The Sun Also Rises* <http://muse.jhu.edu/article/720558> - Aaron
Shaheen
"A Vision of Greyness": The Liminal Vantage of Illness in *Heart of
Darkness* <http://muse.jhu.edu/article/720559> - Cheryl Hindrichs
Downwrong: The Pose of Tiredness <http://muse.jhu.edu/article/720560> - Louise
Hornby
Disability Studies Today: A Conversation with Michael Bérubé
<http://muse.jhu.edu/article/720561> -
- Michael Bérubé, Frederick Luis Aldama

--
Dr. Jesse Miller
Clinical Assistant Professor | School of Management