[Msa-discuss] TS Eliot Society Annual Meeting (Emory U, Atlanta, 21-23 Sept. 2018)

Chinitz, David Dchinit at luc.edu
Thu Mar 1 21:54:52 EST 2018

CALL FOR PAPERS
The 39th Annual Meeting of the T. S. Eliot Society
Atlanta, September 21-23, 2018

The Eliot Society invites proposals for papers to be presented at our annual meeting, this year held in Atlanta.  Clearly organized proposals of about 300 words, on any topic reasonably related to Eliot, along with brief biographical sketches, should be emailed by June 1, 2018, to tseliotsociety at gmail.com <mailto:tseliotsociety at gmail.com> with the subject heading "conference proposal."

Meeting at Emory University in 2018, the Society will celebrate the publication of The Complete Prose of T. S. Eliot, a major editorial project led by Ronald Schuchard of Emory. To mark this occasion, we are pleased to present as our Memorial Lecturer the co-editor of Volume 6, David E. Chinitz, who will speak on questions of annotation in the new Eliot editions.

Each year the Society awards a prize to the best paper given by a new Eliot scholar. Graduate students and recent PhDs are eligible (degree received in 2014 or later for those not yet employed in a tenure-track position; 2016 or later for those holding tenure-track positions). If you are eligible for the award, please mention this fact in your submission. The Fathman Young Scholar Award, which includes a monetary prize, will be announced at the final session of the meeting.

For further information, please visit our website (tseliot.sites.luc.edu).