[Msa-discuss] New digital project: Object Women

Alix Beeston BeestonA at cardiff.ac.uk
Thu Mar 1 08:23:30 EST 2018

In partnership with the George Eastman Museum, I have just launched a new digital project on Instagram that may be of interest to members of the MSA working on visual culture, art history, and feminism and women's studies. OBJECT WOMEN - www.instagram.com/objectwomen<http://www.instagram.com/objectwomen> - explores the representation of women from early photography to the present. It was launched on Instagram on 1 March 2018 to coincide with the recent publication of my book, In and Out of Sight: Modernist Writing and the Photographic Unseen.

New images, accompanied by brief written reflections, will be posted on weekdays throughout March, April, and early May. The introductory essay to the project is here: http://www.walesartsreview.org/object-women/.

I would very much appreciate it if you would follow the project via Instagram and share it with colleagues and friends.

Thank you!

All the best,

Alix Beeston (Lecturer in English, Cardiff University)

beestona at cardiff.ac.uk