[Msa-discuss] MSA Board Position Nominations Sought

Templeton, Erin erin.templeton at converse.edu
Mon Jan 15 13:38:12 EST 2018

Dear Members,

We hope that your 2018 is off to a great start! The MSA Board is seeking
nominations for three Executive Board position to commence this fall:

(1)     *Second Vice President* (the 2nd VP assumes office on 13 August
2017, the last day of the 2017 MSA conference in 2018 (Columbus), then
proceeds to the position of 1st Vice-President on the final day of the 2019
conference (Toronto), and then to that of President on the final day of the
2020 conference(TBD).

(2)    * Chair, Interdisciplinary Approaches* (three-year term commencing
the last day of the 2018 MSA conference)

(3)     *Chair, International Relations* (three-year term commencing the
last day of the 2018 MSA conference)

For more information on what each of these roles entail, follow this
link: *https://msa.press.jhu.edu/about/bylaws.html
<https://msa.press.jhu.edu/about/bylaws.html>*

You are also encouraged to contact the Executive Board members who hold or
have held these positions:

Jessica Berman (*jberman at umbc.edu <jberman at umbc.edu>)*, Past President

Laura Winkiel (*laura.winkiel at colorado.edu <laura.winkiel at colorado.edu>)*,
President

Celia Marshik (*celia.marshik at stonybrook.edu
<celia.marshik at stonybrook.edu>)*, 1st Vice President

Matthew Hart, <mh2968 at columbia.edu> (mh2968 at columbia.edu), 2nd Vice
President

Scott Klein <klein at wfu.edu>, (klein at wfu.edu) Wake Forest University

Ignacio Infante <iinfante at wustl.edu> (iinfante at wustl.edu) Washington
University

*NOMINATION INSTRUCTIONS:*

We encourage both self-nominations and nominations of other MSA members.

Any MSA member in good standing is eligible to be nominated and serve as an
officer.

Please send your nomination of another MSA member or of yourself to Erin
Templeton (erin.templeton at converse.edu) Chair, Membership and Elections.

Nominations should be sent as an attachment and should include the
following information about the nominee:

1. name

2. position sought

3. email and telephone contacts

4. rank, academic or organizational affiliation

5. a statement of qualifications of no more than 200 words; the statement
may additionally be accompanied by a list of up to four publications that
demonstrate an interest in Modernist Studies and/or a website address that
lists publications and other relevant information

6. current c.v.

*NOMINATIONS DEADLINE: 1 MARCH 2017 (WEDNESDAY)*

The Membership and Elections Committee Chair, in consultation with the
Nominations Committee, will prepare a slate of candidates for election. The
Nominations Chair will contact those nominees who were not self-nominated
to confirm their interest in serving on the board.

 *ABOUT THE MSA BOARD:*

Since the inception of MSA over a decade ago, membership has grown to over
1000. Most of the organization’s work is done by volunteers on
the MSA Board and their committees, with the assistance of
an MSA administrator. Therefore, those deciding to run for election should
be prepared to make a substantial time commitment to MSA. Board members
also work individually and collectively to build the membership base, and
to communicate with members and the larger academy concerning the Modernist
Studies Association. The MSA Board is responsible for planning and
executing the annual meeting in conjunction with representatives of the
host institution; we believe that the liveliest and most provocative
conferences result from attention to diversity of representation on the
fronts of discipline, nation, race, and gender on the Board, among the
membership, and on the annual program. Our most recent conferences in
Boston (2015), and Pasadena (2016), and Amsterdam (2017) have further
diversified our membership and increased interdisciplinary and
multicultural panel offerings. We expect no less of our future conferences.

Best wishes,

Erin Templeton

Chair, Membership & Elections

Modernist Studies Association (MSA)

--

*Erin Templeton, Ph. D.*
Anne Morrison Chapman Distinguished Professor of International Study

Phone: 864.596.9099
erin.templeton at converse.edu
My Profile <https://www.converse.edu/people/erin-e-templeton/>

[image: Converse College]

Voice. Value. Vision.
Converse College, 580 E. Main Street, Spartanburg, SC 29302
www.converse.edu