[Msa-discuss] Nineteenth-Century American Literature

Jackson, Bob bob-jackson at utulsa.edu
Mon Jan 8 17:48:05 EST 2018

Dear colleagues,

The University of Tulsa is searching for a junior faculty position in nineteenth-century American literature, which may be of interest to some MSA members.  The official advertisement will be posted at the MLA JIL and elsewhere later this week; its text is copied below.  Please feel free to contact me with any questions about the search.

Best,

Bob Jackson

bob-jackson at utulsa.edu

ASSISTANT PROFESSOR OF ENGLISH -TENURE TRACK

HENRY KENDALL COLLEGE OF ARTS AND SCIENCES

                  The University of Tulsa seeks a tenure-track Assistant Professor of English whose research interests include 19th Century American literature and culture and may range well beyond the period.  We also seek research interests in multi-ethnic, African-American, indigenous, gender/LGBTQ+, and/or diasporic studies.  PhD is required at the time of appointment.  The position commences August 15, 2018.

We see English as a broad field with fluid boundaries, encompassing many interdisciplinary areas.  Our department supports undergraduate majors in both English and Creative Writing. The University manages significant holdings in 19th and 20th century literature and culture in McFarlin Library's Special Collections, the Helmerich Center for American Research, and the Gilcrease Museum. Teaching will include departmental courses and graduate seminars, participation in a humanities-based general curriculum and honors program, and service on dissertation committees.

APPLICATION INFORMATION:

Review of applications will begin February 15, 2018, and continue until the position is filled.

The University of Tulsa seeks to recruit and retain talented students, faculty, and staff from diverse backgrounds.  The University of Tulsa is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and encourages qualified candidates across all group demographics to apply. The University does not discriminate on the basis of personal status or group characteristic including, but not limited to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, sex, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, ancestry, or marital status.

Please submit letter of application, vita, and dossier via Interfolio.  Letter of application may be directed to Lars Engle, Chair, Faculty of English.

Inquiries about the position or application process may be directed to Professor Bob Jackson, Search Committee Chair, at bob-jackson at utulsa.edu<mailto:bob-jackson at utulsa.edu>?

The University of Tulsa is an Equal Opportunity Employer Disabled/ Veteran.?

Robert Jackson
Professor
Faculty of English
University of Tulsa