[Msa-discuss] query re M/m editorships, and thoughts re vote on editorial length of tenure

Paltin, Judith judith.paltin at ubc.ca
Fri Feb 2 13:13:34 EST 2018

Dear Pamela,

Here is the language of rationale the MSA board sent out on Tuesday under subject line Bylaw Change Vote:

Rationale: Given that the position requires at least six months of training and institutional preparation prior to assuming full responsibilities, and given that the duties of editing Modernism/modernity should be divided equally between the two co-editors in two year stints in “junior” and “senior” roles, the MSA Board believes that a four-year term is a more appropriate length of time in which to serve as co-editor than the present five-year term.

my best,
Judith

-----
Judith Paltin
Assistant Professor, Department of English Language and Literatures
Co-Chair, Critical Studies in Sexuality
University of British Columbia
226 - 1873 East Mall
Vancouver BC V6T1Z1 Canada
phone 604.822.4080  http://blogs.ubc.ca/jpaltin

I acknowledge that the land on which we gather at UBC-Vancouver is the unceded traditional territories of the Coast Salish peoples, including the territories of the xʷməθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish), Stó:lō and Səl̓ílwətaʔ/Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations.