[Msa-discuss] query re M/m editorships, and thoughts re vote on editorial length of tenure

Laity, Cassandra claity at utk.edu
Fri Feb 2 11:17:37 EST 2018

Dear All,

I did not see this message either (?) I gather that you are deciding on the tenure of the MSA editor (?) I heartily agree with Cristanne and Jessica. I would just like to add: speaking as the one who originated the 5-year term--in consultation with Bob von Hallberg at JHUP Press in Delaware where we hammered out the deal--I found that it took 5 years to make a difference in the journal.

M/M received the Phoenix award from CELJ for the journal that has most resurrected itself in 3 years on the basis of 2 MSA issues (which I sent in when applying). It took me 3 years to really establish new directions and 2 more to consolidate them.

Special thanks to Debra Rae who has done such a great job!

Cassandra Laity

Prof. Cassandra Laity
Editor, Feminist Modernist Studies (FMS; Routledge; 2017--)
http://www.tandfonline.com/loi/rfmd20
<http://explore.tandfonline.com/cfp/ah/feminist-modernist-studies-launch-cfp>

Former Co-Editor, Modernism/Modernity (JHUP; 2000-2010)

Currently, Visiting Scholar
English Department
University of Tennessee-Knoxville
e-mail claity at utk.edu
most recent essay, "Eco-Geologies of Queer Desire"
https://academic.oup.com/cww/article/10/3/429/2447411/Eco-Geologies-of-Queer-Desire-Elizabeth-Bishop-s