[Msa-discuss] Brooklyn College MA Theater History & Criticism Program

Margaret Araneo-Reddy m.k.araneo at gmail.com
Mon May 29 10:19:52 EDT 2017

Dear All,

Just passing on some info about Brooklyn College's MA Theater History &
Criticism Program. We still have some spots available for our fall 2017
class.

As director of the program and a scholar focused on the relationship
between performance and modernity, I'm looking to expand our student body
to include individuals interested in interdisciplinary work. Our faculty
views the study of performance very broadly. We, therefore, encourage our
students to explore a range of topics as they move through their coursework
and develop their thesis projects.

Our program is very well respected. We have some outstanding alumni working
across academia and beyond. Several of our former students have gone on to
prestigious Ph.D. programs, such as those at Northwestern, UT Austin, and
Cornell.  In addition, we have alumni who are doing some exciting work as
critics, arts journalists, dramaturgs, and literary managers.
If you have any former students or colleagues who might be interested in a
graduate program such as ours, I'd be grateful if you could pass on this
info.

Our website offers more detailed information on the requirements and the
course of study offered. It is: http://depthome.brooklyn.
cuny.edu/theater/programs_grad_ma_theater_history.html

Those interested can feel free to email me directly at
maraneo at brooklyn.cuny.edu or call me at 646.645.3447. Thanks in advance for
your support.

Margaret Araneo, Ph.D.
Director, MA Theater History & Criticism
Theater Department, Brooklyn College, CUNY