[Msa-discuss] Registration now open for MSA Amsterdam

Alexander Christie achristie at brocku.ca
Thu May 18 14:30:40 EDT 2017

Dear MSA Amsterdam participants,

Registration is now open for MSA Amsterdam. Please log in and register as soon as you can at https://msa.press.jhu.edu/conferences/msa19/conf/register.html and, if you are organizing a panel or roundtable, please encourage your panelists to do so as well. Seminar organizers should also urge potential participants to register for their seminars as soon as possible. Seminar registration will close on June 5 to allow the local organizers to proceed with the schedule and to allow seminar organizers to begin communicating with their seminar participants.

A draft schedule will be available in mid June, after seminar registration has closed.

Finally, the MSA Amsterdam Program Committee is in search of a few more digital exhibits to round out our offerings in Amsterdam. If you are working on a project in the digital humanities that you think would be a good fit our digital exhibitions, please submit a proposal online at https://msa.press.jhu.edu/conferences/msa19/conf/Exhibits.html
by June 5. Our original cfp is below:

Reflecting the growing role of the digital humanities in modernist studies and the proliferation of work that does not lend itself to presentation in the form of a scholarly paper, we invite proposals that provide a short overview (including web links) of 1) the nature, design, and purpose of a digital project; 2) how the project advances modernist studies; and 3) how the presenters would want to exhibit and explain the project at the conference. Be sure to list all participants and institutions involved in the project, and specify who among these would attend the conference.

A note: although the local organizers will do their best to take all scheduling requests into account, we cannot guarantee that all requests will be accommodated. Pre-conference events will begin on the afternoon of Wednesday August 9. The conference will officially begin with seminars scheduled for the late morning of Thursday the 10th, and panel and roundtable sessions will begin that afternoon and will run until noon on Sunday the 13th.

As always, you may direct any questions to the local organizers at MSA19Amsterdam at gmail.com<mailto:MSA19Amsterdam at gmail.com>, or to Lisi Schoenbach, Program Chair, at aschoenb at utk.edu<mailto:aschoenb at utk.edu>. We are thrilled about the quality and variety of the program and can’t wait to see you all in Amsterdam!

The MSA Amsterdam Program Committee