[Msa-discuss] In These Times...

Matt Huculak jhuculak at uvic.ca
Wed Jan 25 17:09:20 EST 2017

Dear MSA Listserv,

Debra Rae Cohen has just penned the newest “Letter from the Editors” for the Modernism/modernity Print Plus platform: https://modernismmodernity.org/editors/these-times

“In These Times”
A journalist friend of mine complained a couple of days ago that “the downside of writing about the Trump era is you spend two hours writing and even worse shit has erupted in the meantime.” I know what he means. In the week since I set out to write this brief note—an invitation to continue, in a new blog forum, the work of Lesley Wheeler’s current posting on “Scholarship and Justice”<https://modernismmodernity.org/forums/posts/scholarship-and-justice>—the very earth seems to have shifted beneath our feet. Threats have become reality. Neologisms have erupted. Websites have disappeared. Though the task hasn’t altered, the touchstones have changed…

Dr. J. Matthew Huculak
Postdoctoral Fellow, Digital Scholarship, University of Victoria Libraries
Managing Editor, Modernism/modernity Print Plus Platform
Co-Director, Modernist Versions Project

ORCID orcid.org/0000-0002-2717-1112<http://orcid.org/0000-0002-2717-1112>
Academia.edu https://uvic.academia.edu/huculak