[Msa-discuss] Second Revised Posting: CFP for new journal, Feminist Modernist Studies (Routledge)

Laity, Cassandra claity at utk.edu
Fri Jan 13 11:23:11 EST 2017

Dear MSA Listserv,
Apologies for this second post--but the listserv said I was a "fraud" so I'm trying again. I attach Routledge's official CFP with other details.

Here is the CFP for our launching, special double issue of Feminist Modernist Studies. Thanks to all the members of this list who helped make this journal a reality!

We are seeking essays for a special, launching double-issue of Feminist Modernist Studies "New Feminist Modernisms," falling into either of the following three categories:
1) "Think pieces" of between 4,000 and 9,000 words (double-spaced) on "the state of and/or future of feminist modernist studies" in literature/culture/art. These may address the field generally or apply to particular areas such as queer studies, African American studies, global studies, interdisciplinary studies etc.
2) Essays of no more than 9,000 words on "modern women and 'crossings.'"  These may include, but are not limited to, women crossing aesthetic styles, geographical borders, cultures, race/ethnicities in literature/culture/art-including dance, film, graphic art, etc. as well as literature.
3) Essays of no more than 9,000 words on "female and/or LGBTQ gender/sexuality/the body" in literature/culture/art.

Submissions are due April 15, 2017 and should be sent directly to the editor: claity at utk.edu
Note: The FMS website is not yet accepting general submissions.

Prof. Cassandra Laity
Editor, Feminist Modernist Studies (FMS; Routledge; 2017--)
Former Co-Editor, Modernism/Modernity (JHUP; 2000-2010)
Currently, Visiting Scholar
English Department
University of Tennessee-Knoxville
e-mail claity at utk.edu