[Msa-discuss] CfP: Poetry and Poetics of the 1990s: Deadline Extended

Steven Evans steven.evans at maine.edu
Wed Apr 5 12:24:53 EDT 2017

 The Editorial Collective of the National Poetry Foundation invites paper
and panel proposals for the last in our sequence of “decade” conferences,
to be devoted to the *Poetry and Poetics of the 1990s*, American and
international, and to be held June 28 – July 1, 2017 on the flagship campus
of the University of Maine System in Orono, Maine.

The NPF welcomes paper and panel proposals on any and all aspects of poetic
practice in the decade of the 1990s. What emerged? What changed? What
happened just out of frame? What connections brought poetry into dialog
with other fields? What social and political contexts mattered most? What
of the present can be traced back to that moment? What poets, poetic
formations, tendencies in poetics warrant our continued attention? What
accidents of reception might we now revisit and perhaps repair?

Prospective participants are encouraged to draw on the full range of
archival resources in conceiving their projects, including the digital
audio, digital video, and digital facsimile holdings now widely available
on-line. Panels and papers that foreground the diversity of poetry
practices and communities in the 1990s are especially welcome.

As with previous NPF conferences, the scholarly presentations and panels
will be complemented by numerous poetry readings, including plenary
readings by notable figures associated with the decade being explored.

Small-press and academic publishers are also invited to take part in our
book fair.

Paper proposals consisting of a title and a brief (approx. 300 words)
abstract should be directed to the NPF Editorial Collective at
npf.paideuma at gmail.com. Please direct queries to the same address.

Panel proposals should include a brief rationale for the envisioned
grouping. Proposals for alternative forms of intellectual
practice/presentation, such as roundtables or seminars, will be read with
interest.

The *extended *(and firm) deadline for proposals is *April 15, 2017*.

Visit npfconferences <https://npfconferences.wordpress.com/> for
information about previous NPF conferences and our Facebook page
<https://www.facebook.com/National-Poetry-Foundation-97484569940/> for
updates about the upcoming one.

--

Steve Evans