[Msa-discuss] Invitation to Contribute: Encylcopedia of Cultural Theory (UTP)

Allan Pero apero at uwo.ca
Sat Mar 12 15:53:01 EST 2016

Dear All,

Please circulate widely.

We are seeking contributions to the Encyclopedia of
Cultural Theory, to be published by the University of Toronto Press. This
volume will address a current gap in reference scholarship by providing
scholars and advanced students alike with an up-to-date, expansive resource on
the people and terms most vital to cultural theory at this point in the 21st
century. Each article would ideally be 2500-3000
words in length.

The press is very excited,
as are we, about this project.
Apart from providing a comprehensive overview, the project's true
innovation will be to deal with theory and cultural studies as related rather than discrete fields. If other key terms and/or authors appeal to you, we could be happy to
consider suggestions, pending their availability/suitability.

We hope that you
will be able to contribute to this project, which will provide an
invaluable resource for both scholarly and general audiences, and will have a
significant impact on the field. I look forward to hearing from you at
your earliest convenience.

Please find the lists of terms/concepts and scholars/thinkers below:

Terms/Concepts:

Accursed Share

Animality

Archive

Affect/Emotion

Anxiety

Aporia

Aura

Bare life

Baroque

Biopolitics

Body without Organs (BwO)

Capital

Citizenship

Commodity

Cosmopolitanism

Cyborg

Dasein

Death Drive

Dérive

Dialogism

Diaspora

Différence/différance

Digital Humanities

Discourse

Distribution of the Sensible

Earth/World

Embodiment

Ethnicity

Ethnography

Event/Situation

Everyday Life

Fantasy

Feminism

Gaze

Gender

Globalization

Gothic

Governmentality

Hegemony

Heteronormativity

Hybridity

Hysteria

Ideological State Apparatuses (ISAs)

Imaginary/Symbolic/Real

Imperialism

Interdisciplinarity

Interpellation

Intersex

Jouissance/Pleasure

Liminality

Line of Flight

Logocentrism

Margin

Masculinity

Meme

Metaphor/Metonymy

Mimesis

Mirror Stage

Modernity

Multitude

Myth

Name-of-the-Father

Nation

Negritude

Neoliberalism

Non-identity

Nostalgia

Object

Orientalism

Overdetermination

Parody

Phallocentrism

Poesis

Police/Politics

Posthuman

Power/Knowledge

Presence/Absence

Punctum/Studium

Performance

Readerly/Writerly Text

Repetition

Resistance

Schizophrenia

Sex

Sexual Difference

Sexuality

Signifier/Signified/Sign

Sovereignty

Space

Spectacle

Spectrality

Subaltern

Subject

Subversion

Technoculture

Temporality

Text

Time-lag

Trace

Transgender

Transexuality

Virtual/Actual

Uncanny/Unhomely

Universal/Particular

Scholars/Thinkers:

Adorno, Theodor

Althusser, Louis

Appiah, Kwame Anthony

Bachelard, Gaston

Badiou, Alain

Bakhtin, Mikhail

Barthes, Roland

Bataille, Georges

Baudrillard, Jean

de Beauvoir, Simone

Beck, Ulrich

Benjamin, Walter

Bergson, Henri

Berlant, Lauren

Bersani, Leo

Bhabha, Homi

Cixous, Hélène

Debord, Guy

Deleuze, Gilles

Eagleton, Terry

Edelman, Lee

Fanon, Frantz

Feinberg, Leslie

Foucault, Michel

Fuss, Diana

Gates, Henry Louis

Giddens, Anthony

Gilroy, Paul

Guattari, Félix

Hall, Stuart

Haraway, Donna

Hardt, Michael and Antonio Negri

Harvey, David

Hayles, N. Katherine

Heidegger, Martin

hooks, bell

Irigaray, Luce

Kierkegaard, Søren

Kittler, Friedrich

Lacan, Jacques

Laclau, Ernesto

Lefebvre, Henri

Marx, Karl

Massumi, Brian

May, Todd

McLuhan, Marshall

Merleau-Ponty, Maurice

Mouffe, Chantal

Nietzsche, Friedrich

Rancière, Jacques

Ross, Andrew

Said, Edward

Sartre, Jean Paul

Shapiro, Michael J.

Stiglitz, Joseph

Turner, Victor

de Sausssure, Ferdinand

Whitehead, Alfred North

Williams, Raymond

Spivak, Gayatri

Žižek, Slavoj

We're asking contributors to have drafts of their articles
to us no later than August 31 2016. As this is a large project,
we'll need to adhere to deadlines quite strictly, and ask potential
contributors to keep this in mind when responding to this call.

Any questions may be
directed to:

Allan Pero

Associate Professor

Department of English
and Writing Studies

University of Western
Ontario

apero at uwo.ca

--
Allan Pero
Associate Professor
Department of English and Writing Studies
University College
University of Western Ontario
London, ON N6A 3K7
Website: http://allanpero.com/

Books have the same enemies as people: fire, humidity, animals, weather, and their own content--Paul Valéry