[Msa-discuss] CFP: MLA Dutch Forum Sessions

Burgers, Johannes JBurgers at qcc.cuny.edu
Thu Mar 10 09:41:23 EST 2016

Dear All,

Please consider submitting an abstract for next year's MLA Dutch forum session. We are particularly interested in papers on Netherlandic culture in the Americas.

At the 2017 convention of the Modern Language Association of America, the MLA Dutch
Forum will organize one or more sessions on the 2017 MLA Presidential theme 'Boundary
Conditions'. The convention will be held from 5-8 January, in Philadelphia, one of the earliest
Dutch settlements in North America.

We believe that the theme of 'Boundary Conditions' is a particularly fruitful one in the context
of scholarship on the history and culture of the Low Countries. We therefore invite papers that
analyze boundary conditions (linguistic, geographical, mental, cultural, generic, disciplinary,...)
in any aspect of Netherlandish literature, language and culture.
If you are interested in presenting a paper during one of the MLA Dutch sessions, please send a
250-word abstract by 15 March 2016 to Samuel.Mareel at UGent.be .

Regards,

Johannes Burgers
Assistant Professor
Department of English (H455)