[Msa-discuss] Seminar MSA 18

Sara Marzioli smarzioli at gmail.com
Sat Jul 16 06:17:23 EDT 2016

Dear Colleagues,

Please, consider submitting a paper to our seminar, "Modernism & Fascism,"
at the upcoming conference of the Modernist Studies Association in
Pasadena, CA, November 17-20, 2016.

The seminar investigates the nexus between modernism and fascism. The main
trajectories of inquiry are: the allure of modernist ideologies of
regeneration between the two World Wars; artists’ role in fascist cultural
industries; the conundrum of aesthetics, technology, and violence that
characterized fascist practices, and their afterlives in the global arena.

You can find a more detailed description of the seminar, included the names
of our guest speakers, in the attachment. The deadline to register is
September 1. Information on the conference can be found at:
https://msa.press.jhu.edu/conferences/msa18/conf/Seminars.html

For questions contact: Sara Marzioli, smarzioli at gmail.com or Franco
Baldasso, baldasso at bard.edu.

Thank you,