[Msa-discuss] In the Archive of Longing: Susan Sontag's Critical Modernism

Mitrano, Mena mmitrano at luc.edu
Fri Jul 15 06:25:59 EDT 2016

Dear Colleagues,

I'd like to announce the publication of my new book:

In the Archive of Longing: Susan Sontag's Critical Modernism (Edinburgh University Press)

Susan Sontag's archive illuminates the intimate link between modernism and theory while also providing a fascinating reintroduction to these two movements and concepts. The book explores three core ideas: the confusion of tongues between modernism and theory; the concept of an 'unwritten theory' suggested by Sontag's subterranean engagement with the foremost theorists of our time (Derrida, Foucault, Deleuze, Lacan, Jameson and others) in the rawness of her journals and notebooks; and Sontag's identity as a non-traditional philosopher, through the extraordinary discipleship to Walter Benjamin.

The Edinburgh University Press page for the book is:

https://edinburghuniversitypress.com/book-in-the-archive-of-longing.html

The OUP page for the book is:

https://global.oup.com/academic/product/in-the-archive-of-longing-9781474414340?q=mitrano&lang=en&cc=us

With all best wishes,

Mena Mitrano

?Adjunct Professor of Literature, Loyola University Chicago, John Felice Rome Center (JFRC)

Editorial Board RSA Journal (Rivista di Studi Americani)

E-mail: mmitrano at luc.edu<mailto:mmitrano at luc.edu>; mena.mitrano at tin.it