[Msa-discuss] Call for Applications: PhD in Interdisciplinary Humanities, Brock University

Alexander Christie achristie at brocku.ca
Mon Dec 19 14:39:41 EST 2016

CALL FOR APPLICATIONS: PhD in Interdisciplinary Humanities, Brock University
The PhD Program in Interdisciplinary Humanities at Brock University is now accepting applications for September 2017 admissions. We invite students to explore research topics that bring together ideas, methods and material from multiple academic disciplines. This allows students to ask the kinds of questions that transcend the limits of traditional disciplinary boundaries and engage with topics integral to the contested notions of knowledge, values and creativity, as reflected in our four areas of specialization:

•       Ways of knowing (epistemologies)

•       Critique and social transformation

•       Culture and aesthetics

•       Technology and digital humanities
In particular, we are currently looking for students who bring an interdisciplinary perspective to the following areas of study

•       Media theory

•       Game studies and game design

•       Digital text analysis

•       Augmented and virtual reality
Students will have 24-hour access to our newly renovated facilities, which include state of the art computer labs, virtual reality stations, 3D modelling tools, and a dedicated makerspace.
Application details can be found at https://brocku.ca/nextstep/apply/ and all application materials must be received by February 15th, 2017.
Brock University is located atop the Niagara Escarpment in Ontario’s Niagara peninsula. Located within an hour’s drive of Toronto, Hamilton, and Buffalo, N.Y., Brock is easily accessible and close to major attractions, airports, and shopping.

Alex Christie, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor, Digital Prototyping
Centre for Digital Humanities | Brock University
axchristie.github.io<https://axchristie.github.io/>