[Msa-discuss] International Conference 'Katherine Mansfield and the Art of the Short Story', Bandol, 10-12 June 2016. REGISTRATION NOW OPEN

Gerri Kimber gerri at thekimbers.co.uk
Tue Apr 5 09:41:28 EDT 2016

The Katherine Mansfield Society’s upcoming international conference, ‘Katherine Mansfield and the Art of the Short Story’, is to be held in the beautiful town of Bandol on the French Riviera, 10-12 June 2016, and celebrates the centenary of Katherine Mansfield’s visit to the town, where ‘The Aloe’ (the first draft of ‘Prelude’), was completed, Jan-March 1916.

The keynote speakers will be Professor Enda Duffy, University of California, Santa Barbara, USA, and Professor Ailsa Cox, Edge Hill University, UK.

Following a tremendous response, the Call for Abstracts is now closed. Registration is now open and will close at the end of April. Please go to the special conference page on our website to register, which also includes details of a special optional trip on Sunday 12 June:

http://www.katherinemansfieldsociety.org/bandol-conference-2016/ <http://www.katherinemansfieldsociety.org/bandol-conference-2016/>

The conference is being supported by the Mairie of Bandol and the New Zealand Embassy in Paris. We are delighted to announce that His Excellency, James Kember, New Zealand Ambassador to France, and his wife, will be joining us for both days of the conference.