[Msa-discuss] MSA 17 Accommodations

Preston, Carrie J cjpresto at bu.edu
Fri Sep 11 22:26:35 EDT 2015

Dear MSA Members,
We are very much looking forward to welcoming you to Boston for MSA 17 in a few all-too-short months!
After the most recent increase in our block of rooms at our conference venue, the Westin Copley Place, there are a handful of rooms available on the 18th, 20th, and 21st of November at our reduced rate. The 19th is already sold out again. After much negotiation, the hotel has agreed to give us one more extra group of rooms, but only the Riverview Rooms (presumably, they have a view of the Charles River) for an additional cost of $40. These rooms will thus cost $255 (they typically sell for over $400, if that is any consolation).  If you want to stay at the Westin, I encourage you to book your rooms right away.
We do have an overflow hotel: the Holiday Inn Boston-Brookline at 1200 Beacon Street, in Brookline MA. This hotel is a 10 minute subway ride from the conference venue (6 stops down the Green-C T line).
The rate at the Holiday Inn Boston/Brookline is $159.00 (plus the current 11.7% tax/fees).
You can access our rate by using the Booking Link: Modernist Studies Association BC Conference<http://www.holidayinn.com/redirect?path=hd&brandCode=hi&localeCode=en&regionCode=1&hotelCode=BKLMA&_PMID=99801505&GPC=MSA> and Booking Code: MSA.
I understand that many of you are anxious to see the detailed MSA 17 Conference Schedule. Please note that we could not begin drafting the schedule until after Seminar Registration closed on September 1 and we were able to negotiate multiple appearances and scheduling conflicts. The scheduling process is nearly complete, and we hope to send around a draft by the end of next week. Thank you for your patience.
Warm wishes,
Carrie Preston
for the MSA 17 Organizing Committee
Marjorie Howes, Boston College; Carrie Preston, Boston University; Paige Reynolds, Holy Cross
Carrie J. Preston
Associate Professor
Boston University
Department of English

Director, Women's, Gender, & Sexuality Studies Program
704 Commonwealth Avenue
Alden Hall, Suite 101
Boston, Massachusetts 02215
617.358.6445