[Msa-discuss] As you prepare for MSA 17...

Preston, Carrie J cjpresto at bu.edu
Mon Nov 16 10:40:04 EST 2015

Good morning!

The MSA 17 organizing committee looks forward to welcoming you to Boston in a few days! As you prepare for this event, I’d like to offer a few last minute details.

Information about travel and ground transportation is available on our website<https://msa.press.jhu.edu/conferences/msa17/visit/Travel.html>, as is the wonderful Modernist Interactive Map of Boston<https://msa.press.jhu.edu/conferences/msa17/visit/BostonGuide.html>. The Copley T (subway) step is a few steps from the Westin entrance, and Back Bay Station (T and commuter train) is about a block away.

Your delegate folders will include a hard copy of the Conference Book. No need to print it and bring it with you. Feel free to download this document from our website<https://msa.press.jhu.edu/conferences/msa17/index.html> for use on your hand-held devices. The Conference Schedule, also available on the website, may be more legible on your cell phones.

Through some late AV negotiations, we are very happy to announce that free high-speed internet will be available in all meeting spaces. You will simply select the Westin Meeting Room network, open a browser, enter the password MSA17 along with your name, then click submit. Dependable internet connectivity will be provided in every space, so you could use the internet during presentations. There will be AV concierge desks conveniently located in our meeting spaces: Near our Registration Desk on the 3d floor and just as you get off the elevator on the 7th floor.

There are still a few tickets for the excursion to the Institute of Contemporary Art’s exhibit Leap Before You Look: Black Mountain College 1933-1957. If you would like a ticket but have already registered for the conference, please email Robert White-Goodman at RWG at press.jhu.edu<mailto:RWG at press.jhu.edu>.

Finally, if you are attending but have not yet registered for MSA 17, please do so now at this site<https://msa.press.jhu.edu/membership/conference>  All MSA 17 delegates must be current MSA members and have completed the registration process.

Travel very safely!

Warmest wishes,
Carrie Preston

for the MSA 17 Organizing Committee
Marjorie Howes (Boston College), Carrie Preston (Boston University), Paige Reynolds (College of the Holy Cross)
Carrie J. Preston
Associate Professor
Boston University
Department of English

Director, Women's, Gender, & Sexuality Studies Program
704 Commonwealth Avenue
Alden Hall, Suite 101
Boston, Massachusetts 02215
617.358.6445