[Msa-discuss] Badiou and Winter lectures canceled

Litvak, Joseph D Joseph.Litvak at tufts.edu
Sun Nov 15 21:16:00 EST 2015

Dear Colleagues,

I am sorry to announce that in the wake of Friday's attacks in Paris, Alain Badiou and Cécile Winter have had to cancel their lectures at Tufts. They feel it imperative to stay in Paris and lend their voices to the public debate that already has begun. While it is of course disappointing that they will not be coming to Boston, disappointment is an emotional luxury in this context.  We will work with Badiou and Winter to try to reschedule these talks for next year.  In the meantime, let me thank you for your interest in these lectures and let me hope that any friends, family, or loved ones you may have in Paris are safe and well.

Joseph Litvak
Professor of English
Chair, Department of English
Tufts University