[Msa-discuss] CFP: PAMLA 2015, “Faulkner & Time” (11/6-8, Portland)

Kristin Fujie kfujie at lclark.edu
Tue Mar 31 12:24:21 EDT 2015

Dear all,

Please see the following CFP for a special session I'm organizing for this year's Pacific Ancient and Modern Language Association (PAMLA) Conference to be held in Portland, Oregon.

Thanks so much,

Kristin Fujie
Assistant Professor
Department of English
Lewis & Clark College
kfujie at lclark.edu

* * * * *

CFP:  Faulkner & Time

This special session takes the 2015 PAMLA conference theme of “Literature and Time” as an occasion for reconsidering a topic that has interested Faulkner critics for as long as there has been Faulkner criticism.  We invite papers that explore the continuing relevance (endurance?) of time as a conceptual framework (formal, historical, psychological, philosophical, ecological, etc.) for understanding any aspect of Faulkner’s work, life, or reception, as well as Faulkner’s relevance for new critical models for thinking about time.  Please send questions to kfujie at lclark.edu and submit 250-word abstracts and a brief bio via the online system at pamla.org by May 15, 2015.

The 2015 PAMLA conference will be held at Portland State University and the Hilton Portland in Portland, Oregon, on November 6-8.  All special session panel participants must join PAMLA by June 1, 2015 and must register and pay for the conference by September 15, 2015.