[Msa-discuss] Bloomsday in NYC

nyc modernism nycmodernismseminar at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 10:35:35 EDT 2015

Dear Colleagues,

*Please distribute widely and forgive cross-posting.*

Many thanks,
The NYC Modernism Seminar

*Ulysses *T-Shirt
This Bloomsday, June 16th, at the New York Public Library, join Joyce
scholar Jonathan Goldman as he conducts an audio-visual tour through the
afterlives of *Ulysses*, including stops to consider Marilyn Monroe, Fun
Home, Jefferson Airplane, The Third Man, Kate Bush, The Simpsons, Bloomsday
festivities, and other cultural objects that lean on Ulysses or deploy it
as reference. Trustees Room, The New York Public Library Tuesday, June 16th
11 a.m. Light refreshments to follow [image: Inline image 1]

--

*Founded in 2009, the NYC Modernism Seminar is an interdisciplinary forum
for NYC-area scholars of the modernist period to read and discuss current

*Facilitator Guidelines:*
*Those who submit materials should be ready to*
*1. provide an electronic version of the text*
*2. offer a brief oral summary (quite informal is quite fine)*
*3. facilitate discussion*

*Facebook user?  Find our page
there: http://www.facebook.com/pages/NYC-Modernism-Seminar/125898597449618
<http://www.facebook.com/pages/NYC-Modernism-Seminar/125898597449618>*