[Msa-discuss] Modernism Anthologies

Stephen Ross saross at uvic.ca
Tue Jan 27 16:57:11 EST 2015

Thanks, Shawna, and apologies Paul.

In the interest of being brief, I neglected to include some key context. Further to a discussion about anthologies that began back in September on this very list, a group of people have begun to develop Open Modernisms: a resource of modernist materials available for download in a variety of formats, which users can mix and match to produce bespoke course packs/anthologies for use in classes. The materials will be open access and the site itself open access and open source. In our quest for funding, we’re approaching the BC Open Campus and Open Textbook initiatives (http://bccampus.ca/open-textbook-project/) for support. Part of that application asks us to indicate what sorts of works we’d be competing with/replacing, how much they cost, and how many are sold in a given year. It’s part of how they determine “sector-wide impact.”

As Shawna said, this is part of an MSA-driven effort to provide a really useful resource to the members — and of course to anyone interested in using it.

Thanks, all!

Stephen