[Msa-discuss] Amodern 5: Harley Parker

Amodern Journal amodernjournal at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 13:50:02 EST 2015

Announcing the launch of Amodern 5: Harley Parker
A special issue guest-edited by Gary Genosko

http://amodern.net

Amodern 5: Harley Parker

Editorial
Gary Genosko

“A Clash of Spaces: Harley Parker's Reconceptualization of the Museum
as a Communication System”
Adam Lauder

“Myth and Cinematic Effect in Harley Parker and Marshall McLuhan”
R. Bruce Elder

“Present Sense and Future Amenities: Ken Coupland's Restaurant at
Rochdale College”
Robin Simpson

“Where the Youth Aren't: Harley Parker's Struggles at the Royal Ontario Museum”
Gary Genosko

“&Tondo Thoughts”
Iain Baxter&

“Transliterations, Space and Form”
Jennifer Marman and Daniel Borins

*

Also, please note we have recently published two Currents essays:

"UNESCO and the World-Literary System in Crisis"
Sarah Brouillette

and

"The Poetics of Celebsploitation: Celebrity Culture and Social Media
in Recent American Poetry"
Paul Stephens

*

AMODERN
-------

http://amodern.net

AMODERN is a peer-reviewed, open access scholarly journal devoted to
the study of media, culture, and poetics. Its purpose is to provide a
forum for interdisciplinary conversations about the role of media and
technology in contemporary cultural practices. We are particularly
interested in those topics that normally escape scrutiny, or are
ignored or excluded for whatever reason.

The journal is distinguished by its focus on poetics as a scholarly
practice, with particular emphasis on the unruly ways that people
deploy media and technology behind, beneath, and despite their
instrumental functions. Against the grain of determinism, we hope to
attract work that bears witness to media as complex assemblages of
institutions, subjects, bodies, objects, and discourses.

Please send all submissions and queries to:
submissions at amodern.net

Founding Editors: Scott Pound and Darren Wershler
Managing Editor: Michael Nardone

Advisory Board
--------------

Johanna Drucker