[Msa-discuss] The Cantos Project website - operational

Roxana Preda Roxana.Preda at ed.ac.uk
Thu Oct 30 19:34:29 EDT 2014

Dear fellow modernists,

This is just a message to announce the official launch of The Cantos
Project, a website dedicated to the study of Ezra Pound's poem The
Cantos.

The website is conceived as a work in progress which will occupy the
Poundian community for a number of years. We have thirty years of
research not packaged into a companion to the poem.
New Directions allows us to have six cantos live on the site at any
one time. This situation lets us work serially, canto by canto. After
the annotation of a canto is deemed complete, the glosses will be
transferred to an online companion - a downloadable pdf. Canto I is
annotated as an example.

The main thing is that The Cantos Project is an open resource, meant
to serve everyone who has an interest and a need, whether for research
or teaching. The first six cantos from Ur-I to III are online. So are
the bibliographies, throughout the poem. No registration necessary,
unless you want to contribute. If you'd like to follow the work, drop
me an email to put your name on the mailing list, which will be
operational by mid-November.

This is the address: http://www.thecantosproject.org

With all my best,

Roxana Preda
Editor of The Cantos Project

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.