[Msa-discuss] help needed! Wilma Meikle, Winifred Ray, Edith Metcalfe, and Gabrielle d'Ethampes

Matt Huculak jhuculak at uvic.ca
Fri May 2 14:17:37 EDT 2014

Dear MSAers,

I am writing on behalf of colleagues who are looking for birth and death dates for the following authors:

1. Wilma Meikle, author of “Towards a Sane Feminism” and friend of Rebecca West
2. Winifred Ray (translator)
3. Edith Agnes Metcalfe, author of two tracts on feminism
4. Gabrielle d’Ethampes, French author of La Fille de l’Organiste (1897)

After weeks of scouring the library, our research librarians are really feeling the sting of the "connections between history, biography, patriarchy, and libraries” as we cannot find any vital statistics on these authors.

If you have any birth and death date information on these writers, please let me know.

My very best,
M.

Dr. J. Matthew Huculak
Department of English