[Msa-discuss] New literary Twitter role play for The Picture of Dorian Gray (Wed., March 19, 2014)

Petra Dierkes-Thrun petradt at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 12:10:02 EDT 2014

*DORIAN GRAY AND FRIENDS: A DECADENT TWITTER SOIREE*
(Wednesday, March 19, 2014)

Dear colleagues:

Some of you may remember our literary Twitter role play for Wilde's *The
Picture of Dorian Gray *from last year. We had hundreds of people
participate from all over the world and it was great fun; some colleagues
even assigned our game to their classes for extra credit. My current
Stanford class "Oscar Wilde and the French Decadents" and I are ready to do
it again, this time with a few new twists and excitement added!

*We will be playing on Twitter on Wed., March 19, 2014 (for the whole
calendar day, so you can chime in any time regardless of your time zone),
hashtag #digwilde; follow @petradt or/and @wildedecadents to find us on
Twitter. * All details here:

http://litilluminations.wordpress.com/2014/03/12/dorian-gray-and-friends-a-decadent-twitter-soiree/

Shhhh ... I hear *Dorian Gray's Portrait is already rumbling on Facebook *(
https://www.facebook.com/doriangrayportrait), and *Dorian Gray has started
a Shopping and Activities page on Pinterest* (
http://www.pinterest.com/wildedecadence/dorian-grays-shopping-and-activities-list/
).

Please participate and tell your colleagues, other Wilde and Decadence fans
and your students about it.

Thank you, and cheers!
Petra Dierkes-Thrun

--
Petra Dierkes-Thrun, PhD
Lecturer, Department of Comparative Literature
pdthrun at stanford.edu

Co-Editor, *The Latchkey: Journal of New Woman Studies
<http://www.oscholars.com/Latchkey/start.htm>*
Advisory Editor, boundary2.org (Duke UP)
Book: Salome's Modernity: Oscar Wilde and the Aesthetics of
Transgression<http://www.press.umich.edu/titleDetailDesc.do?id=1979616>
Editorial Board, Rodopi Dialogues
Series<http://www.rodopi.nl/senj.asp?SerieId=DIALOGUE#volumes>