[Msa-discuss] Nabokov's Lolita: New Public Literary Role-Play on Twitter

Petra Dierkes-Thrun petradt at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 01:36:59 EDT 2014

*NEW LITERARY ROLE-PLAY ON TWITTER: *

*LOLITA AND HUMBERT HUMBERT ON THE ROAD*

*Thursday, June 6, 24 hours: #lolitatrip*

Dear colleagues:

Some of you may remember our literary Twitter role-plays for Wilde's *The
Picture of Dorian Gray *(October 2012) and *Dorian Gray and Friends: A
Decadent Soiree *(March 2014). We had hundreds of people participate from
all over the world with great energy, creativity, and fun; some colleagues
even assigned our game to their classes for extra credit. My current
Stanford class "Literature and Transgression" and I are ready to do it
again, this time with the most notorious road trip in American literature:
Vladimir Nabokov's *Lolita*.

*We will be playing on Twitter on Thursday, June 6, 2014 (for the whole
calendar day, so you can chime in any time regardless of your time zone),
hashtag #lolitatrip; follow @petradt or/and @LolitaRoadtrip to find us on
Twitter. * All details here:

http://litilluminations.wordpress.com/2014/05/29/on-the-road-with-lolita-and-humbert-humbert-a-public-literary-twitter-role-play/

Please participate and forward widely!

Thank you, and all best wishes for the summer--
Petra Dierkes-Thrun

Petra Dierkes-Thrun, PhD
Lecturer, Department of Comparative Literature
and Program in Feminist, Gender and Sexuality Studies
450 Serra Mall, Bldg. 260 (Pigott Hall)
Stanford University
Stanford, CA 94305
pdthrun at stanford.edu

Co-Editor, *The Latchkey: Journal of New Woman Studies
<http://www.oscholars.com/Latchkey/start.htm>*
Advisory Editor, boundary2.org (Duke UP)
Book: *Salome's Modernity: Oscar Wilde and the Aesthetics of Transgression
<https://www.press.umich.edu/1979616/salomes_modernity>*
Editorial Board, RODOPI Dialogue Series
<http://www.rodopi.nl/senj.asp?SerieId=DIALOGUE>