[Msa-discuss] Modernism: Keywords

Melba Cuddy-Keane m.cuddy.keane at utoronto.ca
Mon Apr 14 08:38:55 EDT 2014

Dear Colleagues,
I'm delighted to announce the publication of Modernism: Keywords, a collaborative work drawing on the research of twelve faculty and (former) graduate students, all initially located at the University of Toronto.  Keywords—an approach pioneered by Raymond Williams—charts words with divergent, conflicted, and changing meanings, not to fix definitions but to use unsettled definition as a key for understanding cultural controversies and debates.  Entries in this book range from possibly unexpected words like Einstein, Hamlet, and rhythm to distinctively modernist words like advertising, propaganda, and shock.
You can read more about this work, including an excerpt, on the Wiley Blackwell page:
http://ca.wiley.com/WileyCDA/WileyTitle/productCd-1405186550.html
A discount flyer is attached, with a code that can be used in ordering either hardback or ebook from the Wiley site.  The amazon site offers discounts as well.
And may we repeat here some words from our acknowledgements: we are indebted "to modernist scholars everywhere--especially to colleagues in the Modernist Studies Association--whose rich discussions and illuminating scholarship stimulated our thinking and encouraged our work."
Sincerely,
Melba Cuddy-Keane