[Msa-discuss] CFP: Queer Places, Practices, and Lives

Davis, Thomas Davis.3186 at osu.edu
Mon Oct 28 13:56:13 EDT 2013

Queer Places, Practices, and Lives II
The Ohio State University
Columbus, OH
May 16-17, 2014

Confirmed keynote speakers: Sara Ahmed and Eli Clare*

We invite proposals for the second queer studies conference at The Ohio State University. Following on the success of “Queer Places, Practices, and Lives: A Symposium in Honor of Samuel Steward” that took place in May 2012, we seek proposals on any topic related to the field. Scholars, faculty, staff, graduate students, undergraduate students, artists, activists, teachers, social workers, community members, and others interested in discussing LGBTQ issues are welcome to submit. Interdisciplinary panels and roundtables of three to four participants are especially encouraged.

Send a 300-word abstract, 2-page CV, and, if appropriate, a brief panel or roundtable description to osuqueerconference at gmail.com<mailto:osuqueerconference at gmail.com>. Please include 3-4 keywords with your submission.

Deadline for proposals is Dec. 15, 2013.

Direct inquiries to Debra Moddelmog moddelmog.1 at osu.edu<mailto:moddelmog.1 at osu.edu> or Joe Ponce ponce.8 at osu.edu<mailto:ponce.8 at osu.edu>.
For information and continuing conference updates, see: https://sexualitystudies.osu.edu/QPPL

FEEL FREE TO FORWARD THIS CFP TO INTERESTED FACULTY, STAFF, STUDENTS, AND OTHERS WHO WORK IN THE FIELD

[https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/images/cleardot.gif]
[The Ohio State University]
Thomas S. Davis
Assistant Professor
American editor, 20th Century and Contemporary British, Postcolonial, and Transnational literatures, Literature Compass
College of Arts and Sciences Department of English
462 Denney Hall, 164 W. 17th Avenue, Columbus, OH 43210
614-292-6065 Office
davis.3186 at osu.edu<mailto:davis.3186 at osu.edu>