[Msa-discuss] Call for Papers: Space Between Conference 2014

robert hemmings r.hemmings at sympatico.ca
Mon Oct 21 14:39:39 EDT 2013

We are pleased to announce the 16th Annual Conference of The Space Between: Literature and Culture, 1914-1945, taking place July 17-19, 2014, at the Institute of English Studies, London.

This year's conference will hosted by the English Department at Brunel University in conjunction with the Institute of English Studies  (http://www.ies.sas.ac.uk/) and taking place at the headquarters of the IES in the School of Advanced Study, Senate House, Malet Street, London, WC1E 7HU.

This year's theme 'Crossing the Space Between' will explore the notion of 'crossing' − whether of oceans, borders, classes, genders, disciplines or genres − as it relates to literature, art, history, music, theatre, media, and spatial or material culture in any country between 1914 and 1945. We invite proposals for papers considering any aspect of crossing whether literal or metaphorical, spatial or social.

For the full CFP, please see:  <http://spacebetweensociety.org/conference/>

Please send abstracts of no more than 300 words along with a short biographical statement to conference organizer Nick Hubble at Nick.Hubble at brunel.ac.uk by 2 December 2013.

best wishes,

Nick Hubble and Robert Hemmings