[Msa-discuss] NYC Modernism Seminar Meeting November 15th

Jennifer Gilchrist jengilchrist at gmail.com
Sat Nov 9 14:47:33 EST 2013

The NYC Modernism Seminar is pleased to announce that next Friday, November
15th, from 4-6pm at the Lincoln Center Atrium, Matthew Eatough (Baruch)
will lead a discussion of Claude McKay's novel *Banana Bottom *(1933) and
sociologist W.M. Macmillan's "Warning from the West Indies" (1936). For the
reading materials and/or to be added to the listserv, please contact
nycmodernismseminar at gmail.com.

The Lincoln Center Atrium is located on Broadway between 62/63rd streets in
Manhattan: http://atrium.lincolncenter.org/. Food and drink will be
available for purchase.

Sincerely,

Jennifer Gilchrist, Jonathan Goldman, and Ernest Ialongo

--

*Founded in 2009, the NYC Modernism Seminar is an interdisciplinary forum
for NYC-area scholars of the modernist period to read and discuss current

*Facilitator Guidelines:**Those who submit materials should be ready to**1.
provide an electronic version of the text*
*2. offer a brief oral summary (quite informal is quite fine)*
*3. facilitate discussion*

*Facebook user?  Find our page
there: http://www.facebook.com/pages/NYC-Modernism-Seminar/125898597449618*
*Twitter feed: @nycmodernism*