[Msa-discuss] Mfs 59.2 Women Writers, the New Modernisms, and Feminism: now available!

ANNE Fernald [Staff/Faculty [A&S]] fernald at fordham.edu
Thu Jun 20 07:33:46 EDT 2013

Good morning,

I'm very happy to announce that my special issue of Mfs on Women Writers,
the New Modernisms, and Feminism is now available. It's a really thrilling
collection of feminist work on women by women. I hope that many of you will
take a look and will come to share my excitement.

Table of contents below.

Best wishes,

Anne

*Urmila Seshagiri*,  Making it New: Persephone Books and the Modernist
Project

*Jane Garrity*, Olive Moore's Headless Woman

*Ambreen Hai,* Adultery Behind Purdah and the Politics of Indian Muslim
Nationalism in Zeenuth Futehally’s *Zohra*

*Sara Bryant*, Dorothy Arzner’s Talkies: Gender, Technologies of Voice, and
the Modernist Sensorium

*Anne Cunningham*, “Get on or Get Out:” Failure and Negative Femininity in
Jean Rhys’s *Voyage in the Dark*

*Andrea Adolph*, ‘At least I get my dinners free’: Transgressive Dining in
Marghanita Laski’s *To Bed with Grand Music*

*Rowena Kennedy-Epstein*, “Her Symbol Was Civil War”: Recovering Muriel
Rukeyser’s “Lost” Spanish Civil War Novel

*Aimee A. Wilson*, Creative Conception: Modernism, Monsters, and Margaret
Sanger

--
Anne E. Fernald<http://www.fordham.edu/academics/programs_at_fordham_/english/faculty/english_faculty/anne_fernald_28537.asp>
Director of Writing/Composition at Lincoln Center,

212/636-7613
fernald at fordham.edu