[Msa-discuss] Announcing the launch of AMODERN

Amodern Journal amodernjournal at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 09:06:53 EST 2013

Announcing the launch of AMODERN:
A new peer-reviewed, open access scholarly journal devoted to the
study of media, culture, and poetics.

http://amodern.net

Issue 1: The Future of the Scholarly Journal

Editorial
Scott Pound

"We Have Never Done It That Way Before"
an interview with Kathleen Fitzpatrick by Michael Nardone

"Towards Philology in a a New Key"
an interview with Jerome J. McGann by Scott Pound

"Scholarly Publishing: Micro Units and the Macro Scale"
Johanna Drucker

"The Grammatization of Scholarship"
Benjamin J. Robertson

"The 'Unknown' Explorations"
Gary Genosko

"Beyond the Journal and the Blog: The Technical Report for
Communication in the Humanities"
Nick Montfort

*

AMODERN
-------

http://amodern.net

AMODERN is a peer-reviewed, open access scholarly journal devoted to
the study of media, culture, and poetics. Its purpose is to provide a
forum for interdisciplinary conversations about the role of media and
technology in contemporary cultural practices. We are particularly
interested in those topics that normally escape scrutiny, or are
ignored or excluded for whatever reason.

The journal is distinguished by its focus on poetics as a scholarly
practice, with particular emphasis on the unruly ways that people
deploy media and technology behind, beneath, and despite their
instrumental functions. Against the grain of determinism, we hope to
attract work that bears witness to media as complex assemblages of
institutions, subjects, bodies, objects, and discourses.

Please send all submissions and queries to:
submissions at amodern.net

Founding Editors: Scott Pound and Darren Wershler
Managing Editor: Michael Nardone

Advisory Board
--------------

Johanna Drucker