[Msa-discuss] 4 days left for MSA nominations

Adam McKible adam.mckible at verizon.net
Tue Feb 26 20:36:06 EST 2013

Deadline for receipt of Nominations: 1 March 2013 (Friday)

The MSA Executive Committee seeks nominations for two Board positions.

1. 2nd VICE PRESIDENT (the 2nd Vice President assumes office on the final day of MSA 15 in 2013, then proceeds to the position of 1st Vice-President on the final day of MSA 16 in 2014, and then to that of President on the final day of MSA 17 in 2015).
2. CHAIR, MEMBERSHIP DEVELOPMENT, COMMUNICATIONS & TREASURER (3-year term commencing on the final day of MSA 15 in 2013).

OFFICIAL DESCRIPTIONS of these positions may be found at the MSA Website (http://msa.press.jhu.edu/about/bylaws.html).
Prospective candidates with questions about the duties of any of the positions are encouraged to contact these current officers and/or outgoing Board members:

Chair of Membership Development, Communications & Treasurer Jesse Matz at matzj at kenyon.edu
2nd Vice President Rebecca Walkowitz at rwalkowitz at wisc.edu
1st Vice Vice President David Chinitz at dchinit at luc.edu
President Paul Saint-Amour at psain at english.upenn.edu
Past-President Susan Friedman at friedman.ss at gmail.com

******************
NOMINATION INSTRUCTIONS:

We encourage both self-nominations and nominations of other MSA members.
Any MSA member in good standing is eligible to be nominated and serve as an officer.
Please send your nomination of another MSA member or of yourself to Adam McKible, Chair, Nominations and Elections Committee:amckible at jjay.cuny.edu

Nominations should be sent as an attachment and should include the following information about the nominee:
- name
- position sought
- email and telephone contacts
- rank, academic or organizational affiliation
- a statement of qualifications of no more than 200 words; the statement may additionally be accompanied by a list of up to 4 publications that demonstrate an interest in Modernist Studies and/or a website address that lists publications and other relevant information
- current c.v.

NOMINATIONS DEADLINE: 1 MARCH 2013 (FRIDAY)

The Nominations and Elections Committee Chair, in consultation with the Nominations Committee, will prepare a slate of candidates for election. The Nominations Chair will contact those nominees who were not self-nominated to confirm their interest in serving on the board.
Please address any procedural questions to Adam McKible at amckible at jjay.cuny.edu

ABOUT THE MSA BOARD:
Since the inception of MSA over a decade ago, membership has grown to almost 1000. Most of the organization's work is done by volunteers on the MSA Board and their committees, with the assistance of an MSA administrator. Therefore, those deciding to run for election should be prepared to make a substantial time commitment to MSA. Board members also work individually and collectively to build the membership base, and to communicate with members and the larger academy concerning the Modernist Studies Association. The MSA Board is responsible for planning and executing the annual meeting in conjunction with representatives of the host institution; we believe that the liveliest and most provocative conferences result from attention to diversity of representation on the fronts of discipline, nation, race, and gender on the Board, among the membership, and on the annual program. Our most recent conferences in Montreal (2009), Victoria (2010), Buffalo (2011), and Las Vegas (2012) have
further diversified our membership and increased interdisciplinary and multicultural panel offerings. We expect no less of our future conferences at and Sussex (2013), Pittsburgh (2014), and Boston (2015).