[Msa-discuss] [UPDATE] MSA 15 panel CFP: The Dada App (University of Sussex, UK, August 29 - September 1, 2013) (Cole, Merrill)

Merrill Cole M-Cole at wiu.edu
Mon Feb 25 14:49:35 EST 2013

The Dada App

What contemporary uses can we make of Dada methods, techniques, innovations, and ideas? Should Dada inform our politics? Can it help to break us out of the postmodern ever-same, or is it the already-been-done, as Peter Bürger'€™s _Theory of the Avant-Garde_ might suggest? Where is the Dada apparatus today?

Papers dealing with all Dada movements, sites, and languages are solicited. All genres are welcome, including, but not limited to, film, music, literature, and visual art. Scholars should reach beyond the innovative reading of individual (anti-)works to address larger questions concerning Dada's relevance. Of particular interest are presentations that analyze Dada in such contexts as gender, sexuality, psychoanalysis, colonial discourse, primitivism, class warfare, geography, and the ascendancy of fascism.

Please submit abstracts of approximately 500 words.

Conference Location: Brighton, UK
Conference Starts: August 29, 2013
Conference Ends: September 01, 2013

CFP Submission Deadline: March 03, 2013