[Msa-discuss] NYC Modernism Seminar 9/28 Meeting on Pound and Fascism

Jennifer Gilchrist jengilchrist at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 10:57:01 EDT 2012

The NYC Modernism Seminar will next convene on September 28th at 4pm, at
the David Rubenstein Atrium, Broadway between 62nd and 63rd Streets.

Michael Davis (Princeton Theological Seminary) will be presenting the
introduction to his co-edited collection, *Pounding the Globe: The
Correspondence of Ezra Pound and James Taylor Dunn*. Please email
nycmodernismseminar at gmail.com to receive a pdf of Professor Davis's
introduction.

We look forward to seeing you.

--
Founded in 2009, the NYC Modernism Seminar is a forum for NYC-area scholars
of the modernist period to read and discuss current work in our field and

Meetings:
We meet sporadically but regularly, informally but rigorously, discussing
one or two article/chapter/essay-length texts at each session.

Materials:
Materials are suggested by seminar participants.  We forward the readings
to the group 1-2 weeks in advance of each session.

Please submit your suggestions and we will make a good-faith attempt to
schedule them all.  We mainly focus on recent academic articles in
professional journals, chapters from recent academic books, and re-readings
of parts or wholes of canonical critical works.  Other possibilities
include New York novels and films from the modernist period.

Facilitator Guidelines.  Those who submit suggestions should be ready to
1. provide an electronic version of the text
2. offer a brief oral summary (quite informal is quite fine)
3. facilitate discussion

Facebook user?  Find our page there:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/NYC-Modernism-Seminar/125898597449618

--