[Msa-discuss] Friday, 10/26, all day: Twitter role play, The Picture of Dorian Gray, #digwilde

Petra Dierkes-Thrun petradt at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 13:28:07 EDT 2012

Dear colleagues,

You may remember from my post a few weeks ago that I'm currently
experimenting with some open online components and exercises around close
reading in my "Oscar Wilde and the French Decadents" class at Stanford
University.

On *Friday, 10/26 (all day long),* we will try a new social media exercise:
a Twitter role play, impersonating one (or more) chosen fictional
character(s) from *The Picture of Dorian Gray *who seize the chance to
"talk back" to Dorian in 140 characters or less.  We'd absolutely love it
if you or your students would care to join in, with one or as many tweets
as you'd like to post, under the hash tag #digwilde (important: leave a
space before the # sign in your tweet).  All the information is at
http://wildedecadents.wordpress.com/2012/10/23/twitter-role-play-the-picture-of-dorian-gray-exercise-4/

Please invite your students to participate, and do leave us a comment on
our blog or on Twitter yourself if you can!  *Friday, October 26, Dorian
Gray Day* -- what you have always wanted to tell or ask Dorian but never
dared to until now.  It will be easy, quick, and hopefully a lot of fun!

And: if you're lucky Dorian will "personally" reply (as the complex,
multiform creature he is ...).

All best, and thanks so much  for reading, and considering to participate,
Petra Dierkes-Thrun

------------------------------------

Petra Dierkes-Thrun, PhD
Lecturer, Department of Comparative Literature
450 Serra Mall, Bldg. 260 (Pigott Hall)
Stanford University
Stanford, CA 94305
pdthrun at stanford.edu

Co-Editor, *The Latchkey: Journal of New Woman
Studies<http://www.oscholars.com/Latchkey/start.htm>
*
Book: Salome's Modernity: Oscar Wilde and the Aesthetics of
Transgression<http://www.press.umich.edu/titleDetailDesc.do?id=1979616>
Editorial Board, Rodopi Dialogues
Series<http://www.rodopi.nl/senj.asp?SerieId=DIALOGUE#volumes>